red crested red polish from Ideal

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Saw on the Ideal website that they carry a Red crested Red polish has anyone ever seen one before. We have every color polish but I have not heard of that one before. The website has no photo does anyone on here. Please post if you do. Thanks Micki

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Just out of curiosity, do you have tolbunts?

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    I had pics of them til my computer ate all my image files this week......basically they are a largefowl version of what we call black tailed reds. they are off to a good start but will need some serious development to make them really good. most assume they were started by crossing red leghorn to w.c. black polish so as you can imagine you'll often see white feathers in the crest despite the name.

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Saw a white crested red roo on feathrsite but they saw Red
    crested red
    scbatz33 No we don't have a tulbunts don't know anyone who does.

5. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered some of them from Ideal. I've got 4 left, I had 5. Mine are a little over 2 weeks old. I know they're not perfected but I had too have some. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are some pics of them right after I got them. I need to take some new pictures because they're get there big kid feathers in. I think I might have 2 roos and 2 pullets just going by feather development but that's not 100%.

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I have more pics of the female somewhere, I just need to find them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:I've only found a couple folks and they don't have alot. I wish there was a way to import with out spending a zillion dollars!

8. Lucky Ducky

Just took these a few minutes ago! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think this one might be a pullet. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I guessing girl on this one too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thinking these next 2 are roos. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roo?
    I'm basing my guesses on feather development. My 7 year old DD and I are waiting to see if we are right. It's an experiment. We're guessing how many roos and pullets in 25 chicks using feather development and 6 of those are feather legged marans. They're our control group because we already know who is who in those. We'll see!!! [​IMG]

9. Lucky Ducky

LilPeeps - I only hope mine are as pretty as yours when they get their grown up feathers!!! [​IMG]

10. broadlad

broadlad Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2009
    North East Al
    I have one of the roosters he does have white in the crest but he is a real beauty!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by