1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red Golden Females

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by lingle97, Oct 27, 2016.

1. lingle97

lingle97 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2016
    Monticello Florida
    Anybody else have an issue with selling red golden hens. I have 4 that no one seems to want. [​IMG]

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Never have a problem selling hens,It seems everyone wants to buy all your hens and leave you stuck with all males.After years of selling what ever someone wanted,I decided to sell off pairs first and then sell off whatever is left.It is always easier to sell in pairs then males only.And it could be that breeding 1 male to 4 or 5 hens works best for the hens.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. 007Sean

007Sean Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    This time of year, it seems no one is looking for birds. I still have this years hatch for sale. Usually about Feburary, they start selling again.

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    This is the best time of the year to buy your birds,but remember when buying to get them from a climate that is close to yours.You don't want to buy birds from La and ship them to Mn,the birds don't have the time to climatize.The prolem I have is people say they want them,I hold them for them,tell them I can ship and no reply.I could have sold them so someone else if I had known they were going to disappear.
    Plus the weather is perfect for shipping right now not too cold and not hot at all.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. lingle97

Oct 22, 2016
    Monticello Florida
    Finally got rid of all my ringnecks and two of the red golden hens. Going to devide the pen too make 2 5x20 and get some Amherst hopefully.

6. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How about some lewis silvers?These are adults.
    In N.H.,Tony.

7. lingle97

Oct 22, 2016
    Monticello Florida
    It is going to be a while before I can afford to do it but I will keep it in mind.

8. UberchicRanch

UberchicRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    New England
    Never had a problem selling females. Males always seem to go last.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by