1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red golden pheasant eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alleesmama, Mar 16, 2017.

1. alleesmama

alleesmama New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    My daughter got a pair of red golden pheasants in the fall...on a whim....she is in love with them and they are doing great. She went to check on them this evening and she found 3 eggs. They were all spread out and as she went in their pen, the rooster pecked a hole in one of the eggs and ate it. My question is, what do we do now? Do we have to incubate? Or will she sit on them? And why are they spread out? We are new to this. My daughter is 9. What should we do?

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under alleesmama [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I know nothing about Red Golden Pheasants but recommend you post your question on the Pheasant Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/50/pheasants-and-partridge-chukar

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

3. alleesmama

alleesmama New Egg

Mar 16, 2017
    Thank you!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Like Teila, I know squat about pheasants, but she's given you a link that will help.

Good luck
    CT

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Add me to the group of people who know zilch about pheasants. Hope you are able to get some assistance in the links provided! Best wishes!

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Another know-nothing about pheasants here...but hello and thanks for joining us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Could you quickly erect a fence around her so the male cannot get to her or the eggs? Otherwise he may have acted that way because he was disturbed to have humans around.

Please do post on the "pheasant thread." put that in the search box and it will pop up for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by