Red Golden Pheasants price question $$

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by savery, Aug 4, 2013.

1. savery

savery Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2013
    Hello!

I have two 2 month old Red Golden Pheasants and they look to be females so far. My husband and I have decided not to keep them and are unsure what to ask for them. We would like to keep them together as they where raised together from hatch and are freindly. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

2. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    I would sell them for around $20 each

3. savery

savery Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2013
    Thank you! I've been told any where from $15-$20. I think we are going to keep them until 4-5 months to determine sex :)

4. soukilee93

soukilee93 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Goochland, VA
    I have some 3 - 4 month old male red golden pheasants that I need to sell. What would recommended pricing be?

5. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    You don't have to keep them that long to determine the sex. Look at the eyes, brown eyes (female) blue eyes (male).

Here is one of my females, see her brown eyes?
    [​IMG]

This one is a male, yellow golden with blue eyes.
    [​IMG]

6. soukilee93

soukilee93 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Goochland, VA
    I'm not sure if that was to me or to the original poster. I already knew this way of sexing. My goal was to let them grow out a bit and determine which of them I wanted to keep as I wanted to add to the gene pool. I have since sold 2 of them and have kept one. Now to determine how to separate him from our original male. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by