red goldens--cutiest weirdest thing ever!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by beccers099, Jun 6, 2011.

1. beccers099

beccers099 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    My other little one referenced in an earlier thread is still in hot water. This being as it is I've been jumpy and protective and worried about the whole little group I have right now. I just went over to their brooder to check them before I went up to bed. As I approached my little guys all run over to me like they do except one... He was laying COMPLETELY on his back with his little legs sticking up and his head was resting on the floor. He didn't even move when another chick stepped on him! Needless to say I freaked out and poked him... and he flipped right over and came to the door....LOL...NEVER heard of that before but it was just the cutest, funniest, weirdest thing yet. [​IMG]

PS: Like I said...other guy is still on his side...for details check out the other thread. (Red golden in distress) [​IMG]

2. beccers099

beccers099 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    geeze...now I'm worried about Flippy. He was on his back again this morning sleeping...i picked him up and he was fine...then kids said he was on his back, so I went over and made noises and called them and he woke up and started kicking and twisting and couldn't flip on his own. It was like a feathered turtle on his back. tilted him a bit and he was able to flip and was fine running around. He got in the food dish and ate some, but when he went to jump down he fell on his back and got stuck again!..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by