Red, inflamed skin where feathers won't grow back...HELP!

hanginwithpeeps

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Hi all! I have a 1 1/2 year old barred rock hen named Flower. Her feathers were torn out by our rooster mounting her and we have since removed the rooster (approx. 2 months ago) and her feathers are not growing back. To make it worse she now has bald areas on her wing and butt including the original site on her back which are also red and inflamed. I've checked her for mites and lice and I can't seem to see anything. She is acting normal; eating and drinking. My chickens roam freely in our yard in the evenings and on weekends but are in a coop while I'm at work. They are very spoiled and I keep the coop clean (weekly cleanings). Our other hens have all their feathers and have no issues. I have posted pictures in my profile of Flowers "issue". If anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing her feathers to keep falling out and her skin to be so red and inflamed I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice.

Do you have any pics that you could post? That would help me to figure out exactly what it is.
smile.png

BTW,
welcome-byc.gif

I posted a couple to my profile but I'm not sure how to put them on the thread. Let me see if I can figure it out. I'll put one as my avatar so you can see it.

Back
Top Bottom