Red JungleFowl? Cockerel or Pullet?

Olivia or Oliver

Chirping
May 19, 2021
Hi, I rescued a malnourished and stranded chick from Hawaiian beach while on vacation. I attempted to find its mother for 1.5~2 hours but was unsuccessful. I took her to the vet and they are treating her for Avian Pox as well as secondary eye infections.

I assume she is a Red Jungle Fowl based on the appearance of the chickens present in the area.
I have no idea how old she is. There are pustules all over her face and she can barely open her eyes. It's hard to tell if it really is a she or a he.

I need to know her gender because we are currently running the tests to take the chick to mainland and it is illegal to keep roosters where I am from. We are looking into finding a permanent home for her in Hawaii but it's difficult since wild chickens are so abundant in Hawaii and she has a communicable disease to other chickens.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8399.jpeg

IMG_8400.jpeg

IMG_8403.jpeg

View attachment 2678733

IMG_8395.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

IMG_8397.jpeg

Hi, I rescued a malnourished and stranded chick from Hawaiian beach while on vacation. I attempted to find its mother for 1.5~2 hours but was unsuccessful. I took her to the vet and they are treating her for Avian Pox as well as secondary eye infections.

I assume she is a Red Jungle Fowl based on the appearance of the chickens present in the area.
I have no idea how old she is. There are pustules all over her face and she can barely open her eyes. It's hard to tell if it really is a she or a he.

I need to know her gender because we are currently running the tests to take the chick to mainland and it is illegal to keep roosters where I am from. We are looking into finding a permanent home for her in Hawaii but it's difficult since wild chickens are so abundant in Hawaii and she has a communicable disease to other chickens.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2678729

View attachment 2678730

View attachment 2678731

View attachment 2678733

View attachment 2678734

View attachment 2678738

View attachment 2678742
I will be able to tell you if you can please send a picture of the wing outstretched like a bird would if it flies?

Back
Top Bottom