1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red or Dixie? The great ranger debate, opinons please.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by oldrooster, Nov 30, 2012.

1. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I am slightly confused on which is better, and what the difference is between the reds and Dixie's other than the reds from my reading here on BYC is the reds are raised and bred by a certain individual and the business taken over by his SIL and the others are not necessarily raised by the same persons and you might get slightly mixed results from different hatcheries or even the same hatchery because of the different breeding lines. Any thoughts on which is really better and why. Also any success stories on either BTW if you have the Dixie's or another form of ranger please tell what hatchery.

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I suggest that you get some of each and keep careful records about how much they eat and how much they weigh and get back to us with the information. I'm sure other people would like to know the answer to that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by