red/pink feet

jjaazzy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Davie, Fl
We have had days and days of rain. I have noticed my Buff Orp Rooster has bright pink coloring between his toes. I really don't see that on any other birds. Maybe just a hint of pink on 2 more one in his house and another in a house 15 feet away and that coop doesn't free range they are 13 weeks and are in a large coop. All get to perch up high and dry but the floor is a mess from sideways rain. I put fresh hay down but don't want to add too much cause when the weather dries up for a few days and I can move the horses back to their now flooded paddock. I want to pressure clean the whole thing out (the BO rooster is in a converted gazebo and has floor boards so I can bleach it or something equal to cleanin it. So I did a little research on the internet and someone mentioned Mites. Yikes! but there was talk of scaling and I don't see that. Should I rub some triple antibiotic on it or spray with blue Kote or something else..... or do BO's get this coloring? He will be 1 end of January.

I just feed and I do believe it is mites, it was raised and raw looking. Can I dust the floor of the coop till I can clean it out good. I don't want to add any water to the property right now. We have more rain coming. Should I dust the bodies of the chickens too? I don't see any evidence of it on their bodies but I want to be pro active.

Could you post a picture of his feet? Sometimes reddened skin between toes can be normal in a fertile bird, especially in roosters.

Thanks egg....I will get one tomorrow....thanks I am becoming a problem child...this wet weather is doing me no favors.

Healthy sexually mature rooster will have bright pinkish red between their toes as you are describing, it's a sign of a healthy fertile rooster.

Oh man this will be great if we are ok....I could use a thing or two off my list....when I go out today I will photograph him. Thank you all....

I agree with egg, and oldhens, you can also check the bottom of his feet as well someyimes it can be bunbnle foot but i doubt its that i imagine its just a healthy pink skin.

Back
Top Bottom