Red Poop

DrSeusschickens

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2020
3F241B38-A4A9-4CDF-A842-CE8BA3A18CEF.jpeg
My rooster pooped this today and I’m not sure what’s up. He eats stuff in the yard but is also on the same layer feed as the girls. I read that it could be just the intestinal lining but I’m not sure.

It looks fairly large for the normal intestinal lining, although it is more orangey red. I would be inclined to worm him and get some Corid to start in the water, just in case, or watch for signs of lethargy or more liningor blood. For worming, Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are very safe and effective. We can give dosages. Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days, as the only water source.

It looks fairly large for the normal intestinal lining, although it is more orangey red. I would be inclined to worm him and get some Corid to start in the water, just in case, or watch for signs of lethargy or more liningor blood. For worming, Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are very safe and effective. We can give dosages. Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days, as the only water source.

oh whoops he ate beets!

Back
Top Bottom