"Red Pullet" ID??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lizage, Jun 8, 2011.

1. lizage

lizage Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    I got these girls out of the "Red Pullet" bin at TSC. The possible breeds listed were: BO, RIR, New Hampshire Red and Isa Brown. I posted pics here when the girls were 3 weeks old and it wasn't very clear then (other than they are not BO or RIR) so now that they are 6 weeks old, I figured I'd try again. I have four of them in all and 3 of them look identical to Chick #2 below. I'm not sure if Chick #1 below is a different breed or not. They all looked virtually the same when they were younger. FYI, the feather color for Chick #1 is more like the feather color in Chick#2's picture. I think the flash makes it look brighter/darker red than it really is.

Chick #1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I have six pullets that were from the "red pullet bin" at TSC as well. I really don't know what they are for sure....A couple look like New Hampshire reds, while one looks like an RIR, and the other two look like hybrids......I don't think I'll ever know for sure....

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They are obviously not BO or BR, so that leaves NHR and ISA brown. I think the first is an ISA brown pullet. 2nd pullet could be NHR due to the black in the tail feathers.

4. lizage

lizage Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Quote:This is sort of where I was leaning...

Anyone else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by