1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red Ranger rooster bred to a RIR hen

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickmagnet1218, Mar 9, 2016.

1. chickmagnet1218

chickmagnet1218 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    Hey guys! I have a question for you. I was wondering if anyone knew what breed would come from a Red Ranger roo and a RIR hen.
    Does anyone know or has anyone ever had a red ranger breed a RIR? Anyone know what the egg production will look like? It cant be that common of a cross because I can not find out anything on what to expect. We just hatched 4 of these little guys. It was our first hatching experience!

2. chickmagnet1218

chickmagnet1218 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015

3. englishcockers

englishcockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    Morrill Nebraska
    Just guessing, but since red rangers are a cross breed I would guess that there will be inconsistencies in chicks from the cross.
    egg production might suffer some and feed to egg conversion might suffer a bit more.
    personally I like my hens a bit heavier than what passes for heritage heavy breeds from the hatchery.
    They eat more but there is more for the stew pot when they are done laying

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by