Red Sex-link Roo Mixed With A SLW and A BO

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lacey1988, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    My BO is sitting on a clutch of eggs that have 7 of hers and six of my SLW( that god rest her soul got killed last week) and the father is a Red sex-link(also got killed)......for those of you who don't know a Red Sex -link Roo is mostly white with some yellowing on the neck and wings....so any guesses on what the chicks will look like???

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I think they will look...cute!!! [​IMG]

3. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I sure hope so lol

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:
    for those of you who don't know a Red Sex -link Roo is mostly white with some yellowing on the neck and wings

Not always, it depends of the 2 breeds used to create the Red Sex-linked offspring.

As for your crosses. Assuming that BO is Buff Orpington and SLW is Silver Laced Wyandotte.
    Red Sex-link male over Buff Orpington female - offspring should be Red with a percentage of the chicks having White tails and hackles and a percentage having Black tails and hackles.
    Red Sex-link male over Silver Laced Wyandotte - offspring should be Hens White Laced Red and Black Laced Red Roosters White Laced Yellow/Golden and Black Laced Yellow/Golden.

Chris​

5. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Quote:
    for those of you who don't know a Red Sex -link Roo is mostly white with some yellowing on the neck and wings

Not always, it depends of the 2 breeds used to create the Red Sex-linked offspring.

As for your crosses. Assuming that BO is Buff Orpington and SLW is Silver Laced Wyandotte.
    Red Sex-link male over Buff Orpington female - offspring should be Red with a percentage of the chicks having White tails and hackles and a percentage having Black tails and hackles.
    Red Sex-link male over Silver Laced Wyandotte - offspring should be Hens White Laced Red and Black Laced Red Roosters White Laced Yellow/Golden and Black Laced Yellow/Golden.

Chris​

I was just saying what color my roo was.....and that sounds pretty for the both of them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by