Red sex link with one green leg **added pics post 5 or so**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jtbrown, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I got 6 production reds or sex links (I'm still new , they look like everyone else's sex links here) at TSC end of March. About a month ago I noted one of girls with leg that is distinctly greenish. She looks like a normal red hen, but if I couldnt see her body and only one leg, I would say EE. Anyone else ever heard or seen that? I can eventually post a pic but really it is medium green on one half of one leg. A pic would be difficult to get perfect, but I could try. I have started calling her GL for short ( green leg) I know, not original.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    If you could post pics that would be helpfull.Remember at the stores chicks do get mixed up.People/kids pick one up and forget where they got it from and just put em back anywhere...

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had a cross between a BWA and a Cinnamon Queen that had one yellow leg and one green leg... but it looked female on one side and male on the other two! Weird looking chicken.

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:Sounds like you had a chimera .

5. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Okay, these are pics of my green leg (AKA "GL"), harder than I thought to get the silly bird to let me snap a picture![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for input - edited to add -- this is one chicken, just different angles trying to capture the leg, none of the others have a green leg, and the rooster that I accidently picked up in the group of six is in the first pic to left in background

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Oh my goodness, what a unique little lady! Heehee she'd be my favorite. It's probably like a human birthmark, sometimes skincolor just gets weird on critters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by