Red sex-links and black sex-links?

micahdanielr

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
Does anybody know if red sex-links and black sex-links lay the same large brown eggs? Or do they lay differently? The hatchery with the red sex links are all sold out but they have the black ones so I am just wondering if they are the same?

Does anybody know if red sex-links and black sex-links lay the same large brown eggs?
I have a 4 year old Golden Comet (red-sex-Links) I had 5.
Mine laid XL to Jumbo plus.
I never had Black sex-links but they lay brown eggs of large size and bigger, and they lay slightly less quantity than Red sex-links.
I lost 3 of my Golden Comets to egg bound. I believe it was because of the Jumbo and larger eggs they laid. GC

So you're saying sex links chickens will all lay brown eggs? :O Wow. I didn't know this. Very interesting.

The agriculture tags at the store for the black sex linked chicks also said cold and heat resistant more than some of the other breeds.

I have a 4 year old Golden Comet (red-sex-Links) I had 5.
Mine laid XL to Jumbo plus.
I never had Black sex-links but they lay brown eggs of large size and bigger, and they lay slightly less quantity than Red sex-links.
I lost 3 of my Golden Comets to egg bound. I believe it was because of the Jumbo and larger eggs they laid. GC
Sorry to hear that!! My red sex-links also laid XL eggs but I didn't know if there was a difference between the two. Thanks for the Info. I think I'll just wait till they have the red sex-links available:)

Back
Top Bottom