Red Sex Links

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by trapper52, Feb 11, 2017.

1. trapper52

trapper52 New Egg

Oct 1, 2016
    Iam wanting hens that are VERY GOOD LAYERS & i have been reading on the Red Sex Link breed they are supposed lay very good large brown eggs so i am gonna order them from Ideal Poultry I have lost a lot of my birds & money dealing with Cackle Hatchery I am no longer a customer & never will be again & i have read that the Red Sex links dont last but a couple of years before they lay out if this is true i can keep my stock young & healthy birds so that's no problem for me fella chicken lovers i refuse to let my losses stop me from having chickens NO WAY!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. br0nc0

br0nc0 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2017
    Slovenia
    They don't last long in a sense that they don't keep laying almost an egg a day. They should still lay well enough when they are older. I just visited my grandma a couple of days ago, and she has 9 red sex-links right now, laying 5-6, sometimes 7 eggs a day. The thing is, that 4 of them are 2 years old, 4 of them are almost 5 years old, and one is even older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by