Red Sex-links!!

Chick1043

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
I don't see a thread for Red Sex-links!! So (unless there already is one) I'm posting one :)

My 16 week old Red Sex-link, Kevin :) Looove him!

94826_p1110279.jpg

There is a sexlink thread somewhere, the original one got closed and a new one was made.

However your roo is not a Red Sexlink, Red sexlink males are white, and the hens are the color of your roo, that's the Sexlink part. Your roo the color of the roos you would get when breeding a RSL hen to a RIR roo.

Quote:
No, it is a roo, I'm just saying he's not a sexlink because he's not white. Are you sure the mother was white ? Neither dominant white, recessive white, nor silver should be able to produce a red male offspring when mated with a red male. Could a red hen have possibly been the mother ?

Quote:
No, it is a roo, I'm just saying he's not a sexlink because he's not white. Are you sure the mother was white ? Neither dominant white, recessive white, nor silver should be able to produce a red male offspring when mated with a red male. Could a red hen have possibly been the mother ?

No the mom was white and the dad was red :)

Quote:

Do you know what breed or mix she was ?

Quote:

The female must have been recessive white and dominant white with a hypostatic red genotype to get the bird. The female also carried a melanizer of some kind- he has white in his neck hackles.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom