Red Sex Links?

Flocky

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 23, 2014
BC, Canada
Okay I am about 6 weeks into chicken ownership and loving it!
I picked up some chicks from a craigslist add. I believe they are about 7 weeks old maybe more.
I was suppose top be getting 2 RIR and 3 Australorp pullets. I got 2 Black Copper Marans, one pullet one cockerel, 1 Australorp pullet and 2 what I am now thinking are Red Sex Link Chick, I thought. I know the females are suppose to be red so I am looking for opinions.

This is Teriyaki, on the right, and Mortimer. Very clearly Teriyaki was correctly named... This photo is from about a week ago.

This is Buttercup. I was certain she was a pullet but her colouring is identical to a Red Sex Link Cockerel. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Oh Boy... or should I say boys. How is it that Buttercups comb and waddles and so small and light and Teriyaki's are so big and red? they are the same age as far as I know...
I am appreciating the education and I am glad I bought many more chicks than I needed.
Today photo of Teriyaki,

And a today photo of Buttercup, or perhaps now Butterball...

Thanks for all the reply's!

Different birds mature at different rates. It's the color that's the tell....those red patches on the wings are male all the way.

Back
Top Bottom