Red Sex Links?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ameliadanielle, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Songster

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    So, I had what I thought were four of the same type of chicken. I thought all four of these were red sex links. But now I have two that definitely look like red sex links to me, at least what I've seen online and expect them to look like. The other two I don't know. Unless they are a different type. Or unless two of the four are roosters. I have no clue. Maybe just sex links from different types of breeding? Aren't there tons of different combinations of red sex links?

[​IMG]
    This is what I expected red sex links to look like. The feathers they grew at first on their wings were white. Now all of their feathers coming in are red.

[​IMG]
    These have remained the same golden color they were as tiny chicks, all of their feathers growing in are this golden color.

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    The birds that look like the first one are Red Sex-Links. The others are probably either Production Reds or Buff Orpingtons.

1 person likes this.
  3. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Songster

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    I thought I had ended up with two different kinds. They act differently too. The two from picture 1 are nervous and don't like to be touched like the wyandottes. The two from picture 2 are sweeter and don't really care if we handle them or not. They had started out as my least favorite, I had only wanted the dark ones and my almost 4 year old daughter cried for "yellow chicks" and she picked the two from picture 2. Now they're our favorites. Since they don't mind being held, they get held a LOT.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: