Red Sex Links?

ameliadanielle

Songster
Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
So, I had what I thought were four of the same type of chicken. I thought all four of these were red sex links. But now I have two that definitely look like red sex links to me, at least what I've seen online and expect them to look like. The other two I don't know. Unless they are a different type. Or unless two of the four are roosters. I have no clue. Maybe just sex links from different types of breeding? Aren't there tons of different combinations of red sex links?

This is what I expected red sex links to look like. The feathers they grew at first on their wings were white. Now all of their feathers coming in are red.

These have remained the same golden color they were as tiny chicks, all of their feathers growing in are this golden color.

The birds that look like the first one are Red Sex-Links. The others are probably either Production Reds or Buff Orpingtons.

I thought I had ended up with two different kinds. They act differently too. The two from picture 1 are nervous and don't like to be touched like the wyandottes. The two from picture 2 are sweeter and don't really care if we handle them or not. They had started out as my least favorite, I had only wanted the dark ones and my almost 4 year old daughter cried for "yellow chicks" and she picked the two from picture 2. Now they're our favorites. Since they don't mind being held, they get held a LOT.

Back
Top Bottom