Red sexlink chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pattypenny, Jun 21, 2008.

1. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    My sexlink chicks are two months old. one Rhode Island red bantam chick in photo. This is the first time I have tried to post a photo. I hope it works![​IMG]

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

It works! [​IMG]

Those look like Production Reds though. Red Sex Links have white down and some white tail feathers.

The bantam in the middle is CUTE! [​IMG]

3. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    My red sex links have white tail. Cute birds

4. pattypenny

Sep 27, 2007
    I ordered red star sexlink stright run and the roosters were white and the females were red when I recieved them. I checked the cackle site and production reds and cherry eggers are not sexlinked so I think I got what I ordered.
    I have looked on the net and what I saw that had white tails were Golden comets
    If they are not what I ordered it is to lated to change now.

5. pattypenny

Sep 27, 2007
    I looked again on the cackle site and thier red star is showing some white in the tail but mm hatchery shows a bird just like mine for red star so it is anybodys guess, my bird are showing some white festhers and some brown feathers.So it is a toss up as to what I have.

6. frogdog

frogdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Elk, WA
    There are a few ways to get red sex links... RIR on RIW is referred to as a "golden comet". Another cross is a "cinnamon queen". RSL and BSL are just generic terms.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by