red sexlink rooster ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    This is a 2 month old red sexlink, it was supposed to be a hen I’m now having my doubts, its combs say rooster to me but it doesn’t seem to have a very rooster-e tail. It doesn’t look much like a male sexlink in color to me but I haven’t seen any photos of one this young. So what do people think rooster/odd hen, or a different breed, me I have no clue.

The chicken in question

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two of my other sexlinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Songster

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Yep, first is a rooster. Next to are Hens.

3. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    First one is IDENTICAL to the "mystery chicks" I bought at TSC in May. There are a couple of us here in VA that are still trying to figure out what they are, though we're starting to believe they are Dekalb Amberlinks.

4. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Songster

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    It is a male sexlink!

5. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Thanks everyone for the replies, he's not a very nice chicken though so I'll have to give him away no matter what he is.

6. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    Thats what my two boys look like. We have 7 of the red sex links. The boys are mostly white with some red feathers and also gold, the girls are mostly red with some white feathers. We have one girl that I have no idea if she is a sex link or not. At first I thought she was a boy because she is white with some gold feathers. But no red feathers at all, so she looks different than the other two boys. I have no idea what she is, but just happy its not another roo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: