red showgirls??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by klf73, Oct 20, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I hatched some showgirls. I had one that hatched a cream color with chipmunk markings. Turns out it is feathering in red. I will try to get pics soon if I can get some help. My question is, does anyone have these? I would love more, are there any that breed true? How does the red gene work? Does anyone have a website with info? Thanks for the help [​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I dont know if they are breeding true or not, but I know they exist. I have a friend of mine who breeds buff showgirls. She got this one wierd chick from out of nowhere a few months ago. Originally it was born with these red bar patterns. It looked like a red cuckoo to tell you the truth.

As it grew older, it turned into a solid red, and I mean FLAME red showgirl, with a little lighter down. It was the MOST RED chicken I have ever seen, and It was a full showgirl with the bowtie.

The funny thing is, it came out of a buff breeding pen, and she's never had one before it, and never had another one after it.......

3. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    FLAME red

Is it as flaming red as Miss P's Flaming Red Orpington?​

4. mastiffsinky

mastiffsinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Bremen, Ky
    red like this silkie?

[​IMG]

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

It was more red than that Silkie, and yes it was almost as flame red as Miss whoevers orpington....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by