1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red Star / Golden Sex Link

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happypeepsfarm, Jan 7, 2009.

1. happypeepsfarm

happypeepsfarm New Egg

Dec 31, 2008
    Are they the same thing ?

I'm new to the chicken world.

2. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    yes theye are the same breed they have quite a few names lol

o and by the way [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  3. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Theirs a lot of sex links available in different names and colors

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    This question comes up about 3 or 4 times a week.

Do a search for Cinnamon Queen, Isa Browns... you'll find a list of Red sex links somewhere.

5. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE Red Sexlinks!!!! My very first chickens were two Red Sexlink pullets. One started laying about two weeks after I got them. The other one layed her first egg on Thanksgiving Day of 2006. They're names were Penny and Little Red. I lost Penny the summer of '07 to a raccoon. And I lost Little Red and over half of my flock to raccoons this past summer. A friend who is more an uncle to me gave me one of his Red Sexlink hens and 6 of her babies. 5 roosters and 1 pullet. One the roosters died and I have to sell the others. They're pretty nasty. One of the roosters tried to bite me the other day. Needless to say, he ended on the other side of the coop. All the roosters except Rusty and Patrick stay away from me.

6. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    According to Ideal, a Gold sex link is a RIW roo crossed with a RIR hen. A red sex link is a RIR roo crossed with a Delaware hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by