Red star, whiting true blue or amercuana????

Cjsgnn

Chirping
Jul 10, 2020
Doesn't look like my whitings. I'd say Easter Egger.
we ordered the chicks from Murray McMurray hatchery (amazing hatchery)and we didn't order any Easter eggers. We specifically bought those three breed a question about. The other chicks I ordered are obvious on what breed they are. But I know whiting True blues I read can have cheeks and they look like all kinds of breeds. I've added updated photos
Ahhhhh!!!!

Attachments

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
Not Red Star (wrong comb, wrong cheeks.)

Whiting True Blue vs. Ameraucana: both should have pea combs, both can have puffy cheeks, both can come in multiple colors, both are supposed to lay blue and/or green eggs.

McMurray says the Ameraucanas should have green legs, and the Whiting True Blue should have "variable" leg color. You chick appears to have pale legs, so I think it's more likely to be a Whiting True Blue. But I don't think there's any way to absolutely sure which of those two breeds it is.

all of my WTB's are clean faced.
I know someone who got four Whiting True Blues this summer, and three had muff/beard, so apparently it's not consistent. How many did you get? (I'm getting curious how many of them have what kind of face.)

Top Bottom