Aussie-Chookmum

Obeying her avian masters
Apr 20, 2019
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
I have four hens and added a Easter egger pullet to my flock, from the same breeder the rest of my girls come from, two and a half weeks ago. Four or five days after getting her she had red in her droppings but otherwise seemed OK. I spoke to my "Chicken guy" who thought she may have picked up coccidiosis and I have been treating the whole flock with "Amprolium20" in their water for the past week. I wormed the whole flock a couple of days after getting her.

She only had that one episode of red in the droppings until I found this this morning

IMG20190906100732.jpg

The stuff looks more like semi dried tomatoes than blood.

Any idea what it is and what it might signify? She has no visible injury that I could see and appears to be eating and drinking. She is around 12-13 weeks old now.

It does look like some dried tomatoes, have you fed them anything red? Do they free range and probably ate something? I thought possible intestinal lining but it's too "red". I would do another dosing for everyone with Corid, just to be safe.

@dawg53 @casportpony

They are ranging in their run which is quite large.
IMG20190821164842.jpg

IMG20190821164856.jpg

I haven't given them anything red to eat :D

They are still on the Amprolium (Which, according to Google, is what is in Corid, so it's the same thing I guess?) and will be finishing the course in 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom