emilyjrlee

Hatching
Jan 27, 2022
help, one of our chicks got caught in between the incubator sections and her leg is red and swollen, it looks really bad and we don’t know what to do, we can’t put a splint on it like we have in the past as it is closer to the body
5ECD9C9D-63EF-458E-835A-4392B94212A9.jpeg

Can you give us some information?
she had just hatched so we left her in the incubator for an additional 12 hours but when we came back we saw that her leg had been trapped in one of the racks and it looked swollen, but we thought maybe it was going to be okay. we noticed she was limping and a couple hours later still no improvement so we separated her from the other chicks to ensure that she doesn’t get trampled but we don’t know what else to do from here. we don’t know if we should try to splint it because it’s not on the lower part of the leg

she had just hatched so we left her in the incubator for an additional 12 hours but when we came back we saw that her leg had been trapped in one of the racks and it looked swollen, but we thought maybe it was going to be okay. we noticed she was limping and a couple hours later still no improvement so we separated her from the other chicks to ensure that she doesn’t get trampled but we don’t know what else to do from here. we don’t know if we should try to splint it because it’s not on the lower part of the leg
I'd gently check for a break. If no break, I'd work on getting the swelling down.

Poor little thing, it looks like she was skinned a bit.
I would spray the leg with Vetericyn spray.
Can she walk? Hopefully the swelling will go down in a few days. See that she's eating/drinking.

Back
Top Bottom