Red swollen right side of face causing one eye to shut and watery!

Mariyam Abbas

Chirping
May 19, 2018
Lucknow
hello guys, I need help im curing my chick! I bought it day before yesterday but yesterday in morning I saw its left eye shut and swollen face on that side only I washed the eye and put dexcin on it by evening it was absolutely fine. Today, I saw its left side cured now right face got swollen red near its beak which caused its right eye shut and watery. I don't want to lose it and I know no vet plz tell me a cure!!

hello
Is this the only chick you have? How old is it? How long have you had it? And where did you get it?
though, I have been petting chicks since my childhood but this year O have bought 3 sets of chicks! first I bought 3 coloured one in feb then 2 more in march now 10 on 18th may, 2018 all from differentshops. They were all healthy. Though I lost first two set of chicks due to my neighbour's cat but except this one 9 of them are absolutely fine. I am not sure about its age but seems 1 month+ old and also don't know its breed.

I'm trying to learn if your chick could have been injured by another chick pecking at its eyes. Chicks often do that to each other.

Assuming the eye has been injured, I would flush it well with saline. Then you can go ahead and treat it with the dexcin.

If the chick is sneezing and there's fluid coming out of the beak and the eyes are bubbly, it's likely the chick is suffering from a respiratory illness, and if that's the case, you will need to treat it with an antibiotic such as Tetracycline or Tylosin.

I am se
I'm trying to learn if your chick could have been injured by another chick pecking at its eyes. Chicks often do that to each other.

Assuming the eye has been injured, I would flush it well with saline. Then you can go ahead and treat it with the dexcin.

If the chick is sneezing and there's fluid coming out of the beak and the eyes are bubbly, it's likely the chick is suffering from a respiratory illness, and if that's the case, you will need to treat it with an antibiotic such as Tetracycline or Tylosin.
I am sending you its pictures please see and tell!

Attachments

• 2018-05-21 11.03.30.jpg
    2018-05-21 11.03.30.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2018-05-21 11.01.39.jpg
    2018-05-21 11.01.39.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2018-05-21 11.01.29.jpg
    2018-05-21 11.01.29.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 11
one more query since yesterday my another chick has running nose but its eye and face is perfectly fine, it is even eating and drinking properly but the only issue is it sleeps while standing and seems less energetic. Before anything bad happens I want to ensure is she fine or in comibg days same will happen to it as mu current ill chick?

It does sound like you're possibly dealing with a respiratory infection Mycoplasma g. Try to find an antibiotic. Tylosin is a good one if you can find it. You can mix it in a little water and syringe it into the chick's beak.

Thank you for the advice I have given tetracyclin 500 mg capsule by dividing it into 4 doses in a flour dough yesterday. Today I have seen a lot of improvement in it. The swelling has subsided it seems 2 more days of dosages will bring back the lost zeal in it.

I thought you suggested cure for my seriously ill chick well it is quite better not fully recovered. Will follow your instruction for this sneezy one!

Back
Top Bottom