Red the mean Rooster

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenmommie, Sep 29, 2010.

1. chickenmommie

chickenmommie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    Well hello my chicken peeps!! We have only one hen that likes to roam around the yard her name is Big Fat Hen...All the other chickens stay in the pen well i was trying to get my hen to go back inside it was her time to go home...Well here comes red out the gate before i even knew it i had the bucket in my hand with the feed in it here he comes and ATTACKS me jumps at me at least 3 times I put the bucket down and RAN into the house crying like a baby!! He bruised my ewlbow and put a small hole in it but nothing too bad!! He is Rhode Islan Red and he is soooooooo mean.. Well after I got enough nerve up i had to get my hen back in so I got my water hise had to keep spraying Red to saty away from me opened the gate threw the food in and my hen ran in!! Thank god I locked that gate and ran back to the house!!! Never mind to say his mean self is still roaming around the yard!! I told my husband who is at work and after he knew I was okay he Laughed... Well yes it is funny especually since a rooster made a grown woman cry just wanted to share my story and maybe some of you can laugh at me too b/c I am laughing at my self!! But it is scary he is really strong what if i would have tripped and he could have gotten me even better than oh well i will never find out I hope

[​IMG]

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Sounds like Red needs to go to freezer camp! [​IMG] Don't under estimate the power of roos. Especially the big ones such as a RIR my aunt still has two scars on her ankle from a cochin roo named Fluffy(he was cute but evil). I don't tolerate mean roos at all. One jump, bite, or attack and they are gone.

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Quote:X2. He'll probably taste good too.

4. chickenmommie

chickenmommie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    YEAH THANKS THAT IS WHAT MY HUSBAND HAS SAID HE MY END UP BEING DINNER... THAN WHO WILL HAVE THE LASY LAUGH ME!!! [​IMG]

5. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Make dumplings to go with it... will make you feel MUCH better about it.

6. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    aww! id cry like a baby too!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I know how you feel! [​IMG]
    I used to have 2 tiny little banty roosters that were SOO MEAN! One of was Silver Sebright and the other was a Rose Comb .. hated those boys! [​IMG]

8. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    i have one roo that wants to get my 2yr old and he's got a date with the freezer coming.

9. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    i guess i can't complain about my rooster. He chases the pullets around trying to peck them, but leaves humans a wide berth, even my daughter. He's never even walked sideways at my daughter.

10. peep this

peep this Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Oh I hope our foster RIR isn't mean! So far he's been to busy getting enough food in him to be too ornery, but once he's had his fill, maybe he'll get nasty. I hope not. If he makes too much noise, out he goes. He's here on the provisional permission of the animal control officer until he gets healed up - or until he makes enough noise to be a nuisance.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by