Red Wood Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FlyingLilly, Aug 12, 2011.

1. FlyingLilly

FlyingLilly Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    northern mn
    Ok, So I want to upgrade to an incubator that I can put multiple hatches in and also be more reliable than some I was getting 50% hatch rates because temp would jump after being steady for weeks and weeks... So anyways I have a chance to buy a Redwood incubator for $100 with 6trays and I guess a manual egg turner that tends to break eggs so I was recommended just to turn them by hand [​IMG] She said she thinks it started with a b for the name, and said its says Redwood and has a lot of brass and is pretty. My concerns are if it breaks what do I do?? Or even if this is a good match for me. She says it starts right up also

PLEASE HELP I AM GOING TO LOOK AT IT SOON TO!!!! SO WHAT AM I EVEN LOOKING FOR HA HA

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I had a chance to buy a redwood incubator on e-bay. I put it in my watch list, and it's GONE. Now I have no info, pictures, or anything to show you. It was a fantastic piece of craftsmanship....and it was $1000.00. Don't know if it is anything like the one you are interested in, but I would GO FOR IT.... remember, those styrofoam crapboxes we are all used to, with a turner, will go for around the same price. If you pass on it, I will gladly take it! Will try to find info in the meantime... Roberta

3. FlyingLilly

Jun 3, 2011
    northern mn
    Ha ha the crappy one I have now is Styrofoam :-/

4. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    Absolutely buy it. I love my redwood incubator . Mine is a four tray and it is.so much.better than that crappy Styrofoam I had before

5. FlyingLilly

Jun 3, 2011
    northern mn
    Dually noted [​IMG] sounds like this chick flick is coming home with a redwood incubator. I would love to here more about the red wood incubators!

6. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I would go for it, sound like a deal you can't miss.

7. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    bring your camera and take pix, even if you dont' buy it, I wanna see what it looks like [​IMG]

8. FlyingLilly

Jun 3, 2011
    northern mn
    For sure I will post pictures.She also has a home made one for $250 that holds 350eggs and looks similar to the sportsman I guess... But the redwood sounds so cool or I could buy both for $300 but i'm not on hatching that many...

9. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:Famous last words. In 6 months are you going to be kicking yourself because you don't have 2? One for setting and one for hatching? $250 for a sportsman style is a steal btw. You could probably sell that sportsman one for 300 to 500 alone depending on where you are and the condition.

GL [​IMG] Happy hatching

10. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    There's a guy selling plans for a homemade incubator on e-bay, Renegade Ridge farms, I have seen some posts here from him. I'm in the middle of building one right now, but I ordered too many eggs too fast, and have been relying on MY CRAPPY styrofoam bator. C'mon... we ALL HAVE ONE somewhere. I can't wait till it's done, I hear it's great!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by