Reddish brown solid poop

matilda19

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2017
78B37DF7-EF9D-4432-B1E3-5AB584783D66.jpeg
I found a strange poop in the coop this am, have not seen one like it in the nearly two years we have had chickens. Googling hasn’t helped me understand if this is a sign of something to be concerned about or not. Has anyone had any experience with poop like this? We have 24 chickens right now aged from two months to nearly two years. No one seems lethargic or ill, many of the older girls are going through their first hard molt but other than that everyone seems healthy and happy.

View attachment 1573328 I found a strange poop in the coop this am, have not seen one like it in the nearly two years we have had chickens. Googling hasn’t helped me understand if this is a sign of something to be concerned about or not. Has anyone had any experience with poop like this? We have 24 chickens right now aged from two months to nearly two years. No one seems lethargic or ill, many of the older girls are going through their first hard molt but other than that everyone seems healthy and happy.

I will ask what she eat last night ?
Poop color depend on what they eat like when they eat dark color things like pomegranates they poop blue
So that's what I am wondering first

If she's not showing any symptoms
Its great but be in safe side I will add a crashed garlic in her water for today as a preventative

Back
Top Bottom