Rediscovering Old Music!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Peaches Lee, May 21, 2012.

1. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Songster

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well, since being tortured with listening to music that is plain awful at my work, I have been rediscovering the wonderful world of older rock music. Right now I am loving my CCR album I got! [​IMG] The funny thing about it is, is that I am 24 and should be jamming right along with my co-workers to this hip and new stuff and I'm like.[​IMG] Anyone else enjoying music that's not on the radio?

2. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Songster

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps
    Most of my CDs are of music that predates the invention of CDs. ;)

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Songster

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    So what you are saying is that your music collection was on 8-track before the update to CD? I think my 8's are still in my mothers cellar.

1 person likes this.
  4. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Peaches, how far back does your late in music go? Mine dates from Bill Haley and my favourite music decade is the '70's. If you have good taste, there is some great modern music too:

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Songster

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I have a lot of cassettes that I've had to buy CDs for because they have gotten worn out. And my mom has a lot of LPs that I get the CD to now as well.

Thaiturkey--well, some of my favorites are Beethoven, Mozart and Vivaldi, so I'm not opposed to go back that far LOL!!

6. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Classical music is a great choice, Peaches, but not my personal taste. There are rock riffs taken from the classics, as you may know. This link may interest you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Melodia/List_of_popular_songs_based_on_classical_music

Enjoy whatever appeals to you.

Do you not download music from iTunes? I have some downloads but its not cheap and I like to have the album sleeves. CDs are burnt to iTunes on my computer and playlists then go to my iPod. The LPs are too valuable to play now and the remixes for CD are often of better quality.

7. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Not a radio listener, but I do love me some modern music. ...Just not what appears on mainstream radio. I about died when I went to the Miyazaki movie, "Arrietty". Disney released it in the states, and I'm pretty sure the Disney-pop songs were not what was present in the Japanese release. X) There was something so wrong about trying to watch a heartfelt movie about selfless characters with, "I'M 16 and OH SO PRETTY" blasting in the background. It was almost surreal...but mostly painful.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Here's some modern music:

9. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    And here's a great classic track from Pink Floyd. It was sung live to acoustic guitar at my friend's funeral over here. Not a dry expat, eye in the house:

10. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    And one from the master guitarist himself:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: