1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

redmite problems.. arghhh

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by danniboi1990, Aug 7, 2011.

1. danniboi1990

danniboi1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    im having problems! redmite have raided my coop.. today i bought some jeys fluid. anybody no any better ways of getting rid of the pests? ive tried powders/sprays the lot.. they just dont die [​IMG] i absolutely hate them!!!

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

you could put ivermectin drops on them and keep treating there living space [​IMG]

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That's what I would do. I use Eprinex topically, remove all bedding from the coop and dust or spray making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies where they hide. They can be hard to get rid off once you've got them. I use the Eprinex and poultry dust for the coop as a preventative.

4. danniboi1990

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    i use a powder as a preventative also.. maybe change the brand to that one!! where did u get ur ivermectin drops from.. ive only ever used the injectable one (being a veterinary nurse). i know u can use the injectable one topically. but did you get yours in a different form? from ur local veterinary practice? thanks by the way guys [​IMG]

5. danniboi1990

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    hi all, me again. i killed them all [​IMG] i found that the best way to get wrid of them all is to varnish the interior of the coop with thick gloss/varnish. This seals the little buggers in the cracks in the wood.. it also keeps all the surfaces in the coop smooth so they havnt got anywhere to hide! mwahahahaha!!!! then i just used preventative measures like powders/sprays etc [​IMG]

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by