Redoing the pen in snow. wind and storming white out ugh !

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by karlamaria, Nov 12, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    so the tarps got weighed down from all the snow last night, this morning we had to take all the tarps off, redo the whole pen with a new white one ( the dark one was blocking light for my chickens also ) we tarped all 4 sides down with new tarps also, and what a pain. it was a complete white out and we all had to completely redo the the whole set up we did just last week. winter... ugh I hate it. my girls took one look and got back onto there roosts LOL.

2. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Winter sure must be a challenge for you. I mean, I'm no stranger to long winters here in NH, but MT winters would probably make me feel like a wimp, heh! Hang in there!

Amy

3. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Every time I encounter a situation like yours, DH looks at me and says, "Tell me again why you want chickens." I've melted snow with the look I give him!

Hang in there! We're with you!!

4. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    That's awful!!!!!!!! I feel sorry for my guys and it hasn't gone below 30 yet. As for that white stuff, we had enough last year to do for some time to come. The chickens did not like the snow although after a few weeks they gave up and went out in it.

5. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    thats rough. sorry you have to do all that. and i still cant grasp that some of you all are allready experiencing winter [​IMG]

6. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Praying for some defrost action your way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by