Redolf the Rude Nosed Reindeer

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by daddykirbs, Sep 24, 2012.

1. daddykirbs

daddykirbs Songster

Mar 13, 2011
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's awesome, congratulations!! The book looks great! Do they also have them at the bookstore too?

3. daddykirbs

daddykirbs Songster

Mar 13, 2011
    The author's mom, my Aunt, is trying to get the book into stores. The book is brand new and is a self-published book. That means that "we" have to promote it ourselves. The book printing company put's it out there available on the e-bookstores as part of their deal, so it is currently available on Amazon and others.

If you would like I could arrange for a signed copy <wink wink>. I'm sure the author, Charity, would be happy to sign a few and send them to me so I can sign and send on.

Blake

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I here you. We've got a friend of ours, who's daughter has written a book call "odd otter" which she is trying to have published. Its darling! I can see how difficult it can be. Keep us posted on the progress!

5. daddykirbs

daddykirbs Songster

Mar 13, 2011
    It turns out that publishing... at least "self-publishing" is very easy. It's the marketing that will be difficult. The advantage of publishing with a big publisher is that they have a stake in your book doing well so they push it big. With the self-publishing route, they don't have as much of a stake... some, but not as much. Basically they are a printing company that takes a big fee up front. I appreciate your input and will keep you posted :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by