Reducing humidity at lockdown

BlackWings

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2021
Can’t find anything on the web to help me out here. During incubation I’ve had the bottom of the lid barely proped open with a thin piece of cardboard to help keep my humidity at exactly 50. Now my eggs are pipping and the humidity is spiking close to and over 70% can I still use that piece of cardboard to prop the bottom lid just a bit to regulate the humidity back to 65% or will it shrink wrap the chicks?

Normally the rule of thumb is to leave them be as they hatch. My last hatch while everyone was hatching out spiked to 75% & everyone was fine.

Can’t find anything on the web to help me out here. During incubation I’ve had the bottom of the lid barely proped open with a thin piece of cardboard to help keep my humidity at exactly 50. Now my eggs are pipping and the humidity is spiking close to and over 70% can I still use that piece of cardboard to prop the bottom lid just a bit to regulate the humidity back to 65% or will it shrink wrap the chicks?
I wouldn't worry too much about the humidity spiking during lockdown. Its way less likely that something will go wrong with the humidity high, than it is they will shrink wrap from it being too low.

Back
Top Bottom