1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Redyre Rottweilers Extra litter

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
  2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    [​IMG]

I also read your puppy contract! [​IMG] If only more breeders followed this guideline! I know some will disagree, as always, but I was thoroughly impressed! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cool!
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you have better luck this time. [​IMG]

4. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    TY both.

Wolf-Kim, it has worked well for me and the people who have my puppies so far. I choose my puppy buyers very carefully, and to date, a contractual issue has never been a problem.

Another part of that is no one goes into buying a puppy from me without knowing what the score is. I'm not a nosy co-owner. While I do guide people if they want to learn about raw feeding, I don't require that people do this. I do (reasonably) require that your puppy be obedience trained, properly confined, and well socialized. I also require health testing be done and all results, passing or failing, be released and disclosed in full to the public data base at http://www.offa.org.

Beyond that, although it is spelled out in pretty fair detail, the rest of the agreement is really about how any responsible person would handle their pet dog.

I do have requirements for breeding, which are mainly health related. These are things that directly pertain to the future health of not only the resultant puppies, but also the Rottweiler breed.

I realize that many others who breed dogs do not share my particular criteria as far as selecting dogs for breeding, and selecting puppy homes, and that's ok. I have learned that scorn and ridicule make people defensive, and cause them to have deaf ears toward any message you might have. For me this is a hobby. I prefer to lead by example, and it makes me happy to do it this way.

[​IMG]

edited to correct spelling

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    If more breeders were to follow such an arrangement and be so considerate, you would see the dog aggression rates and bite incidents drop in all breeds.

You take pride in your work and that is very admireable. Your pups have your kennel name attached to them, they represent your work and you should aptly be concerned how they are representing you. [​IMG]

6. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I love the new pages--especially that shot of mama and pup! Such gorgeous dogs!

[​IMG]

Rusty

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Oh yes, I expect so. More dog breeders should be more responsible, period.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I agree Redyre is a great breeder. You can tell that she actually cares about her dogs. And the way that you stand behind each of your pups says alot. IMO [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by