Reflection...... (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by OHhappychicks, May 15, 2010.

1. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    As I set outside this morning in my lawn chair, watching our 2 week old "Araucana's and Speckled sussex chicks, out for the 2nd time this week, I wondered how many others there were that set and just watched their chicks. Even my DH couldn't get motivated on this beautiful day in SW Ohio. He just wanted to set and relax, watching our chicks! It is so peaceful and serene watching them, even when they are napping! [​IMG] We haven't accomplished much today. It is just one of those days when the weather is perfect and the chicks are out enjoying their world, that you wish you could just bottle up to keep. Nothing like life in the country! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are our 7-8 week old bantams coming to check out the new kids on the block! They are in our Hoop-"coop" house (in the backround) until their permanent abode is being redone. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new Kids, enjoying their 2nd day outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Songster

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    With my busy hectic life I dont get to do this near as much as I'd like. However, I do try to find time at least once a day to just watch them for a few minutes. It's good for the soul. I think your signature about sums it all up.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are relaxing and fun to watch, aren't they? [​IMG]

4. newwithchickens

newwithchickens In the Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    i work 10 hour days 6 days a week and still have to make time to watch the chickens atleast 30 mins a day [​IMG]

5. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Crowing

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    But after all that hard work and all the stress, doesn't watching your chicks just bring peace and calmness to you? I think that if more people had chickens, there would be no need for meds for nerves or even high blood pressure!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    i can quietly sit and watch my chicks for hours if the weather is nice [​IMG]

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    sure is so true. this weekend we didnt have the kids at home. i sat at home bored. i missed my kids. sad. they were camping with the grandparents having a grand ol' time. i sat in my lawn chair and watched my dog and chickens. all day looong. i didnt go anywhere. the chickens will def sleep very nicely tonight. pooped them all out. we have a total of 10 chickens, 4 laying older girls and 6 (4month olds) so the chickens take their turns free ranging out of their run. it was really so nice watching how all the chickens get along so nicely. i fell asleep in my lawn chair and awoke to a nasty sunburn. but worth it today.

and to think i thought i was bored. i was really just relaxed, something i should do more alone with just the animals! [​IMG]

have a great night everyone! off to bed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by