Refrigerated to unrefrigerated safety?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by KDOGG331, Jun 24, 2016.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Can eggs go from being refrigerated to not or is that not safe? They haven't been washed or anything. Was thinking of giving some away to my friends on tour but wasn't sure if i should or not so put them in the fridge. My girls tend to lay later and I am going to their show at 1pm tomorrow (it's an early show, starts then but train at 1130) so won't be able to get unrefrigerated ones. Would it be safe. Just wondering. But probably best anyways as i dont know how they would cook them on tour and they'd probably get too hot sitting in the car during shows anyway. Plus I'm giving them other stuff so doesn't matter. But now just wondering for next time

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Get a bag that is insulated to keep the cold in. I keep eggs in bags like that all day in 80 weather or hotter and they are still cold when I take them out

3. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

Wow that's a great idea! I can't believe I never thought of that! Will have to try that. Thanks for the tip. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by