Refurbishing a outbuilding

petlove

Songster
11 Years
Jan 27, 2008
Skiatook, OK
I have an outbuilding near the house that I am going to use to house the chicks this first year. There are long 1/2 inch plywood boards nailed to 2x4 supports. I am trying to dislodge the boards from the 2 x 4s. They are nailed tight. I need advise on how to loosen the the boards from the nails. Please advise.
idunno.gif

I was trying to pry them off with a hammer. I hate to be so ignorant, but is there a crow bar in my truck stuff for tires? I am not sure what a crow bar looks like. Thanks for the tip.

I would try a flat bar and and hammer, start where you can get the bar started and work it out from there.

If it is nailed very tight you may need a nail puller, and remove the nails one by one, in a corner, then try to get flat bar under and pry.

You may have some luck if you use a heavy hammer and a board on the inside and try to knock the sheets of plywood loose from the inside.

It all depends on how well the plywood was fastened when first put on.

BA

Quote:
The boards are fastened tightly. What does a nail puller look like? I can probably just ask at Lowes. I have a maul (sp?) Thanks for the tips. Maybe my maul will be big enough to loosen the boards. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom