Regarding kindness I am going to out someone right now.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 29, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A couple weeks ago, Robert came to us again, and we told his mother he is not going home until she has gone through re-hab. He had no shoes. NO SHOES?? We bought him some in his current size, however, a member here WILDEFLOWERS took it upon herself to send him ANOTHER pair in a half size larger so he won't have to go without. I am feeling sooooo stinkin blessed right now. Look at the cool shoes!!!!

[​IMG]

Wildeflowers, I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Receiving these today made me cry!!! [​IMG]

2. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Oh, that's wonderful! I have no doubt that the people of BYC are some of the most wonderful people in the world, and it's little things like this, these simple acts of kindness that people do that reinforce my belief in this. I'm glad she was able to provide the shoes for little Robert. I bet he loves them too!

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well Done Wildflowers!

Helping Debi and Ken help this kiddo... amazing some of the awesome people on this board.

4. cristina33

cristina33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    ma
    that was soo nice , you are blessed

5. debilorrah

Quote:Honestly? My interaction with BYC'ers has been the best experience ever. There are soooo many kind people here and they deserve recognition. No request was made, she just decided to help. And I cannot appreciate that gesture more!!!!

6. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    There really is nothing that thrills me more than to see people committing random acts of kindness. This is really what it's all about folks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Ok, this falls under the "What moves you?" thread. Brought tears to my eyes. That is so wonderfully nice!
    Doing something nice for someone without having to be asked moves me. Wildeflowers, you are a treasure...

8. debilorrah

Quote:Yes she is!!!! I am soooo thankful for the wonderful people on this site. BYC has changed my life in so many ways over the last few years, and I am sooooo appreciative for it!!!

9. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Quote:yep. the older I get the more I believe this is true.

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:yep. the older I get the more I believe this is true.

Me, too! I try to when I can. Wish more people would get on board with this thought process; the world would be a much better place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by