Regular feathers on a silkie chick????? PICS!!!! new pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bald k9, Jul 14, 2010.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Does any body know if it is normal for silkies to have regular feathers on the wing tips? I thought showgirls were silkies? thanks for the help

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Yes, they have normalish wing feathers. Perfectly fine!!

3. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    are they there as adults? It is hard to tell from the pics i have seen online the adults look like fuss even on the wings, thanks for the info,, also ,do you know what color this chick is ?, I was told the dad was black and the mom white, I have been told it is partridge but it looks so light grey compared to the brownish partridge chicks i have seen Thanks again

4. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Looks normal to me! [​IMG]

5. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Quote:Is that a first gen. showgirl, if it is you will have normal feathers, the silkie feathering doesn't show up till gen 2

6. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Dont know I got them at the feed and seed out by my moms in another state ,but i was told the dad was black and the mom was white thats all i know,there are 3 all together looks like they hatched a day apart,they all go up in size but what's funny is the biggest one looks more like a naked neck the second one looks like in between a naked neck and silkie and the third one looks like a showgirl look at pics first pic is the first chick second chick was the second chick to hatch and the third chick was last to hatch ,, but see how each one looks more like a showgirl as they hatch? thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] can you tell the difference from chick to chick

7. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    anybody have any guesses? what they will look like as adults ? the color i mean

8. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

They look normal to me - and they look like they'll be silver/grey partridge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by