Rehome Ringneck Doves-PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by tiffanyh, Jun 21, 2009.

1. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Im in CT and was at my limit for my outdoor aviary when my alpha hen snuck another egg by me! It was far enough along when I found it that I let it hatch. I was already thinking of rehoming a few for space...so now I really thing I should. I also have two males and lately they are not getting along as well as in the past.

So, if anyone is lopkig for new bloodline or to start new, I have males and female, white and tan in CT.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Songster

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    I wish you were closer I have one pair and would love some more. Good luck in finding them homes.

[​IMG]

3. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:Would you ship them. I would love to have them. I was wanting to start some doves.

4. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I really dont feel that comfortable shipping them. Im sorry. I have added some pictures to my original post though....

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    The pics are of ringneck, but nice looking birds. Diamond dove are much smaller.

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    You are very very right, they are ringneck. I have no idea why I typed diamond!! I will change that!

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Glad someone else picked up on that too; thought I was having a brain vacation... [​IMG] What kind of plants do you have in your aviary? I've been thinking of putting some small pots of dove-friendly vegetation in the flight cage w/ my DDs and Society finches. any suggestions?

ETA: wanted to say I wish I were closer; your doves are lovely. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  8. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Everything I put in there ends up been dead as they enjoy sleeping in it. I looked up bird friendly plants and dug some up around my yard and placed them in small containers in the aviary...that way when they get ruined I didnt pay for them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: