Rehome small flock

ChrisWhitcomb

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2019
Upstate NY
I have 4 hens and 1 roo that I need to rehome. I've been taking care of chickens for just over 5 years and it is taking it's toll. I love them and it is a difficult decision, but I can't do it anymore.

The roo and 1 hen are easter eggers about 2.5 years old. 2 hens are production reds and I'm pretty sure they are also 2.5 years old. 1 hen I think is also a production red - lighter in color and her tail is white though. She is 4 years old.
All the hens still lay, but have slowed/stopped for the winter.
The roo has a slight cross beak, but the only thing I have done is to make sure the feeder is always full since he eats out of the top. He is a sweetheart and has never attacked me.

You can have any supplies I have - food, feeders, waterers (including one heated). The coop is a shed and stays.

I am in upstate NY - near Troy.
DSC01917.JPG DSC01918.JPG DSC01919.JPG

*hugs* I know it's hard to offer up your flock for adoption. I am offering up some of my chickens too (almost 100 when it's all said and done).

My problem was I didn't attend summer school and keep up with the chicken math. :rolleyes::thMy fault. Totally my fault. :jumpy

I have someone coming this weekend to take my chickens home. I'm both happy and sad. They will be added to an existing flock.

I know how addicting chickens are :) I hope in the future I will be ready for another small flock to provide fresh eggs and plenty of entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom