Rehoming 4 elderly hens in Albuquerque, New Mexico

sarahbobo

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hi, this is a difficult post for me to make, but I'm hoping it might result in my babies being better off. I have 4 hens (possibly soon to be 3 - one isn't doing well :(), all 7 years old, who I'd like to find a new home for. My parents aren't capable of taking proper care of them, and it would be very difficult for me to do so.

My lovely girlies are Bon (Welsummer), Red (buff brahma bantam), Vera (black and white Polish), and Neo (easter egger, the one who's currently declining). Unless Neo makes a miraculous turnaround, she probably won't be going with the rest, so it's really only Bon, Red and Vera. I've included a picture of Neo anyway. Bon is the queen of the flock, and Red and Vera are very sweet, vivacious girls. None of them like being held but will happily eat from your hand and run to you to see if you have treats, and have long conversations with you.

I would love for them to go to a home where they'll get proper vet/at-home health care and be protected from the cold in the winter (without electrically heating the coop), since Vera in particular is getting more and more bothered by cold as they age. Someone who has a relatively friendly flock would be wonderful, since my girls are older and it will probably be hard on them to adjust. And of course, someone who will never use them for food.

I'm currently treating the flock for scaly leg mites (Ivermectin), so we'd have to wait until around 3-4 weeks from now to rehome them. If anyone in New Mexico is interested or knows anyone who might be interested, please reach out!

Attachments

• 20211129_160607(0).jpg
    20211129_160607(0).jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211120_160902 (1).jpg
    20211120_160902 (1).jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211129_103335.jpg
    20211129_103335.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211129_160454.jpg
    20211129_160454.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211129_161027.jpg
    20211129_161027.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi, this is a difficult post for me to make, but I'm hoping it might result in my babies being better off. I have 4 hens (possibly soon to be 3 - one isn't doing well :(), all 7 years old, who I'd like to find a new home for. My parents aren't capable of taking proper care of them, and it would be very difficult for me to do so.

My lovely girlies are Bon (Welsummer), Red (buff brahma bantam), Vera (black and white Polish), and Neo (easter egger, the one who's currently declining). Unless Neo makes a miraculous turnaround, she probably won't be going with the rest, so it's really only Bon, Red and Vera. I've included a picture of Neo anyway. Bon is the queen of the flock, and Red and Vera are very sweet, vivacious girls. None of them like being held but will happily eat from your hand and run to you to see if you have treats, and have long conversations with you.

I would love for them to go to a home where they'll get proper vet/at-home health care and be protected from the cold in the winter (without electrically heating the coop), since Vera in particular is getting more and more bothered by cold as they age. Someone who has a relatively friendly flock would be wonderful, since my girls are older and it will probably be hard on them to adjust. And of course, someone who will never use them for food.

I'm currently treating the flock for scaly leg mites (Ivermectin), so we'd have to wait until around 3-4 weeks from now to rehome them. If anyone in New Mexico is interested or knows anyone who might be interested, please reach out!
i would love them sooo much! but i don't live anywhere near new mexico. i'm more than a state away.

Back
Top Bottom