1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Rehoming ameraucana and sizzle roosters in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by gwenckatz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. gwenckatz

gwenckatz Hatching

Jan 12, 2019
    I'm in Pasadena and my small backyard flock accidentally ended up with 2 roosters and 4 hens. The roos are great birds, good around people, not aggressive; they take treats from my hand. But they are pestering the hens so we need to rehome one or both of them.

First one is a blue ameraucana, nice big good-looking bird. Super calm around people. We thought he was a pullet until he grew that tail because he's so chill.
    IMG_5826.JPG

Second one is a barred silkie/frizzle ("sizzle"). Such an awesome-looking bird! We laugh whenever we see him because his feathers are so ridiculous. Large bantam.
    IMG_2676.JPG

2. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    Good luck with the rehome, try cross posting also on Facebook local(to you) chicken groups- our last one was placed in great flock and another Chicken lover who keeps in touch!

3. RoostersAreAwesome

RoostersAreAwesome Free Ranging

May 21, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: