1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Rehoming hens (Maryland)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by rehsanipoor, May 3, 2019.

1. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Hi,
    We have six beautiful hens. They have been raised by a family with lots of kids and are very friendly. Unfortunately our circumstances have changed a bit and I am looking into rehoming them. We have 2 red sex link, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks, and 2 Buff Orpingtons. They all turned 1 year in April and lay terrific eggs and have been completely healthy with no issues. Please let me know if you might be interested in giving these sweet girls a new home. They have very much been pets and we want to be certain they are going to a good home.

2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Hi, I would love to have them as long as there are no roosters. My friend is looking for friendly hens for her 3 kids - ages 13, 11, 9.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  3. feathersforus

feathersforus In the Brooder

May 6, 2019
    @napdognewfie
    Hi,
    If you/your friend are still looking can you give me a little information regarding how/where they'll be housed? We just want to be sure they will be going to a good home. Thanks!

IrishLad61 likes this.
  4. feathersforus

May 6, 2019
    @napdognewfie
    Please let me know if you would still like our chickens as I have another person who has expressed interest. Thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    IrishLad61 likes this.
  5. Rafters

Rafters In the Brooder

May 25, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I’m interested as well. I’m in Arnold. Just outside of annapolis

IrishLad61 likes this.
  6. feathersforus

May 6, 2019
    @Rafters Thanks for your interest. Can you tell me what their "housing" would be? Do you have any birds now? We want to be sure they would be going to a good home. They are really terrific girls, very friendly, love to be with people.

7. Rafters

Rafters In the Brooder

May 25, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I’ll shoot you a PM :)

8. peepmommy

peepmommy Songster

Feb 15, 2012
    If you still need a home let me know. Annapolis May be a touch far for me but I’d be willing to meet!

9. peepmommy

peepmommy Songster

Feb 15, 2012
    If you’re in Baltimore I’m just above York!! Very interested. I have a 20 acre farm and need chickens!

10. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Hi,
    I just saw this posting for some reason it didn't come up in my inbox. We are still looking to rehome them. Can you tell me what their living situation will be like? They are super friendly, will sit with you on a bench and follow you around (either they think that they are people or that we're chickens) and I want to be sure they'll adjust easily and be happy! Will they be added to an existing group?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: