Rehoming older hens to someone who knows nothing?

Pics

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys,
some of you may have seen both my threads on hopefully rehoming my older hens. I have one issue, I found them a home! 3 of them at least. The person is committed to picking them up, possibly on Friday, knows absolutely nothing. S/he has a coop from TSC that will probably nearly fit one chicken, and I think s/he wants to get more. The Barred Rock he wants to take has sever bumble foot, I have giving him lots of information for treating it, and all the info, but he hasn't even commented on trying to treat it. I plan on removing the core soon, so if he wants to take it on he will have to wrap every other, to every few days. These are his first chickens, is there anything I can do? I also think this person may be a kid, because they use U instead of you, and very short sentences. No comma's either. What would you do? Is it better then nothing? I'm kinda stumped. We will have to eat them if we can't rehome them, so any suggestions?
Here's a picture of the coop he has-
IMG_0311.JPG

Ideas?

Last edited:
For starters, what is the top of that coop supposed to do? How are the chickens supposed to get up there? And that's barely good enough for one chicken. A kid, or just some random careless teenager are my guesses. Most likely a teenager that won't care for the hens. I'd rather not give the hens up if they won't even mention trying to take care of the bumblefoot. I wouldn't let my hens pass away in those hands. I'll leave them with someone that has an at least decent idea on how to care for chickens.

For starters, what is the top of that coop supposed to do? How are the chickens supposed to get up there? And that's barely good enough for one chicken. A kid, or just some random careless teenager are my guesses. Most likely a teenager that won't care for the hens. I'd rather not give the hens up if they won't even mention trying to take care of the bumblefoot. I wouldn't let my hens pass away in those hands. I'll leave them with someone that has an at least decent idea on how to care for chickens.
I agree. I think they would rather have a happy life until I have to cull them, then this random person who knows nothing.
He literally knows nothing at all. He wont answer half my questions, and doesn't seem trustworthy at all.

I'd really you rather wait until someone more educated passes by, if you have the resources and time, Weeg.
I can keep them here for a bit longer. I have someone else that can take 3 as well, she is on here, and WAY more educated then this person. She has an orchard for them to live in, and a good life for them. This person knows nothing. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Back
Top Bottom