Rehoming older hens to someone who knows nothing?

Without reading the thread, going off of your first post only, it sounds like this guy is full of red flags. I feel like already know this... I wouldn't give them to him.

I was a newb when I adopted by adult birds, but I had done tons of research and asked the original owner how she had cared for and managed her flock prior to taking them.
Ya, if he started taking my information, and learning from me when I had texted, I would have given it a chance. He seemed to care less about who to treat the bumble foot, or any of it. He just wanted some free chickens.
I all ready declined, he's not taking them. Thanks for all of your help! You really just clarified what I already thought, thank you!

Ya, if he started taking my information, and learning from me when I had texted, I would have given it a chance. He seemed to care less about who to treat the bumble foot, or any of it. He just wanted some free chickens.
I all ready declined, he's not taking them. Thanks for all of your help! You really just clarified what I already thought, thank you!

Sometimes we just need a little reassurance. I hope you can find the right person.

I am wondering why you are giving away a hen that has severe bumble foot? You should get that cleared up first. In my opinion, it's irresponsible of you to try and give them away when at least one needs medical attention
Maybe because Weeg needs to try to get them rehomed ASAP, with the most time on an ad of getting rid of them as possible. It's pretty obvious she is still caring for the hen as she is trying to sell it.

Maybe because Weeg needs to try to get them rehomed ASAP, with the most time on an ad of getting rid of them as possible. It's pretty obvious she is still caring for the hen as she is trying to sell it.
Weeg also needs to treat the bumble before rehoming. But I'm sure they know that and will do the responsible thing, for the chickens sake

I agree. I think they would rather have a happy life until I have to cull them, then this random person who knows nothing.
He literally knows nothing at all. He wont answer half my questions, and doesn't seem trustworthy at all.
Yes, I agree that it’s better if they have a happy life until you cull them. I think they would be really unhappy in that small little cage and have a very sad life until maybe they passed away from not being cared for.

I am wondering why you are giving away a hen that has severe bumble foot? You should get that cleared up first. In my opinion, it's irresponsible of you to try and give them away when at least one needs medical attention
I have treated this particular hen for months. Then, it started to get to the point we had to get rid of them in a few weeks, and I kinda stopped. I had been trying not to have to do a surgery, but now there is no way around it. I didn't want to do the surgery if we were just gonna cull them anyway. I wanted to spare her the pain of surgery if she was going to get culled in a few weeks. I have it listed in the very first sentence of my listing, that they have bumble foot. So anyone looking at the listing can see that. Since someone was interested, I am revving the core, then they know they will have to continue treatment from there. Does that make sense? I do love these guys, just don't want to do unnecessary surgery.

He was probably going to eat them.

I have treated this particular hen for months. Then, it started to get to the point we had to get rid of them in a few weeks, and I kinda stopped. I had been trying not to have to do a surgery, but now there is no way around it. I didn't want to do the surgery if we were just gonna cull them anyway. I wanted to spare her the pain of surgery if she was going to get culled in a few weeks. I have it listed in the very first sentence of my listing, that they have bumble foot. So anyone looking at the listing can see that. Since someone was interested, I am revving the core, then they know they will have to continue treatment from there. Does that make sense? I do love these guys, just don't want to do unnecessary surgery.
Too bad you’re clear across the country or I’d take them.

Back
Top Bottom