Rehoming our girls

Ga Chicken Mom

Songster
12 Years
Jul 24, 2007
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great BYC community we have. Because one of our family members is having a health crisis in FL we have to give up our flock. Without the girls my DH and I can travel together rather than one of us staying home to take care of the girls. We live 9 miles from town and can't ask any of our friends to make the trip twice a day to tend to the flock. I have had very quick responses and feel comfortable the girls will be getting good homes. Thank you all for your wonderful sense of community and sharing. I will continue to be a member and enjoy the chicken chatter. Someday, I hope to once again have backyard chickens. This is breaking my heart and I'm sure you all understand.

i am so sorry! for way less important reasons than yours, i had to rehome my birds as well.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Barbara, I saw your ad. I'm so sorry! Wish you didn't have to do this, but if in the future, you want to start a flock again, let me help you! You live close enough to pick up chicks from me most anytime.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I am so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could flock sit for as long as you needed. If I was closer I would take them- you could get them when the issues were resolved. But Georgia is a long ways from Iowa...
hit.gif
So sorry...
hugs.gif

Thanks all, your support is so appreciated. This is so hard. I wanted to have my girl until they died of old age. I'm going out to the hen house to take some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom